Skip to content
- Ghazi Malik or Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq of the Qaurana tribe was the founder of the Tughlaq dynasty.
- He was the governor of Dipalpur before coming to power as Sultan
- He died in the collapse of the victory pavilion near Delhi
Mohammad Bin Tughlaq (1325-51)
- Prince Jauna, son of Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq ascended the throne in 1325.
- He gained the title Ulugh Khan, he was most educated of all the Sultans of the Delhi Sultanate
- He created a department Diwan-e-Amir-e-Kohi for the improvement of the agriculture
- He distributed Sondhar i.e. agriculture loans advanced for extension of agriculture of barren land
- He encouraged cash crops in place of cereals