Skip to content
Bahlol Lodhi : 1451-88
- Bahlol Lodhi was one of the Afghan sardars who established himself in Punjab after the invasion of Timur.
- He founded the Lodhi dynasty.
- Jaunpur was annexed into Delhi Sultanat during his reign
Sikandar Lodhi : 1489-1517
- Sikandar Lodi was the son of Bahlol Lodhi who conquered Bihar & Western Bengal.
- Agra city was founded by him.
- Sikandar was a fanatical Muslim & he broke the sacred images of the Jwalamukhi Temple at Nagar Kot & ordered the temples of Mathura to be destroyed.
- He reimposed Jaziya tax on non-Muslims
- He use to write poems with the pen name “Gulrukhi”
- He took a keen interest in the development of agriculture. He introduced the Gaz-i-Sikandari (Sikandar’s yard) of 32 digits for measuring cultivated fields.
Ibrahim Lodhi: 1517-26
- He was the last king of the Lodhi dynasty & the last Sultan of Delhi.
- He was the son of Sikandar Lodhi.
- At last Daulat Khan Lodhi, the governor of Punja invited Babur to overthrow Ibrahim Lodhi.
- Babur accepted the offer & inflicted a crushing defeat on Ibrahim Lodhi in the first battle of Panipat in 1526.
- He was the only Sultan who died on the battle field.